Safety Tools Allmet – Tools that reduce Maintenance costs.
The Norwegian company Safety Tools Allmet AS introduces the next generation of long-lasting non-sparking grinding & cutting tools.
This revolutionary tool significantly impacts work in Ex-areas and for HSE, surface treatment, and mechanical treatment. By using Safety Tools equipment, it is possible to reduce and optimize your Maintenance costs.
Grinding burrs and disks from Safety Tools are known in the market for their efficiency and long lifetime.
For more than 23 years, Safety Tools Allmet has delivered unique grinding and cutting tools perfect for surface and mechanical treatment.
Our unique Tools have opened many doors for end-users and sales agents worldwide. The tool gives a surface profile that you can paint directly on. It also has excellent adhesion test results. Due to no airborne dust, you will not damage paint or equipment in the vicinity of your work area. All fragments and dust will fall around the scope of work, and cleaning after the job is finished is easy.
Our grinding and cutting tools are Ex-certified by DNV as Cold Work for use in Gas zones 1 and 2.
In addition to the numerous HSE advantages, there are also many cost-effective advantages such as;
- No need for Hot Work Permit – Due to Ex-certification.
- Use less time on risk evaluations – Due to Cold Work certification.
- Avoids postponements – As you can use the tool safely, you do not have to postpone jobs.
- No need for Habitats – You will not ignite gas or damage equipment around you.
- No need for fireguards – No ignition of Natural gas.
- Avoid production stops/delays.
The statements above are accomplished by reducing heat, noise, and vibration. Which creates a safer working environment where you potentially save lives, protect human health, and save money.
- No Hearing injuries – Noise <85 dB
- No “White fingers” – Vibration Level <2,5 ms²
- No Toxic damage – no release of isocyanides when grinding through the polyurethane
- No Fire Injuries
- No Explosion accidents – Temperature <70°
How can this invention have such a significant impact?
The tool heads consist of solid tungsten carbide (Wolfram Carbide), which gives it remarkable hardness. The “teeth” on the tool head are of unique design and have undergone a special process, which results in removing material upon every contact. The rotational Speed (only 1000-3000 rpm) is slower than traditional tools.
These 3-rd parties have thoroughly tested all the qualities mentioned above;
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV) – For use in hazardous gas zones 1 and 2
- Gexcon – Explosions tests
- ATR – Vibration
- Mutliconsult – Noise tests
- Jotun and DNV – Adhesion tests for Coatings
- Products are rigorously tested in the field – under the most demanding conditions!
Do not take our word for it;
Some of our customer references:
- Equinor (Formerly: Statoil)
- Aker Solutions
- Husky Energy
- KCA Deutag
- Bis Salamis
- Odfjell drilling
- Teekay Petrojarl
- Wood Group
- And many more.