2021 Spark-Free Grinding Kit (Limited Edition)
The 2021 Spark-free grinding kit contains 5 free products
- A-0060RB Handle for Rough Boy file – High-quality handle for Rough Boy.
- A-0010 Rough Boy – Our best grinding file for surface treatment.
- A-0108 Fuji Angle Grinder (FAS-1X-50) – Air tool suitable for Rough Boy and Big Boy C.
- A-0415 Pipe Bungee – Special tool that makes grinding under pipes easy and safe.
- A-0068 Drop safety device (1 pcs) – Drop protection for air engine.
Save time by eliminating demanding risk assessments and costs related to shutdowns, fireguards, hot work permits(new tab), habitats, and demanding cleanup work. This kit contains everything you will ever need for surface treatment. The air tools, grinding files, and grinding disc are Ex-certified as safe to use in ATEX gas zones 1 and 2 and ATEX dust zones 21 and 22.
Spark-Free Grinding Kit tools gives a surface cleaning standard of SSPC SP 11
What’s special about the promotional suitcase?
The promotional suitcase is an upgraded version of our current suitcase solution A-0054 All Around Solution. The upgrade means getting all the products for the suitcase solution A-0057 All Around with Rough Boy Solution and our special A-0415 Pipe Bungee that fits the A-0010 Rough boy. Pipe Bungee is an easy way to attach grinding tools to a pipe. Pipe Bungee makes grinding under pipes easy without needing to lie under the pipe. This avoids the risk of getting debris and fragments in the eyes.
Health, Safety & the Environment
Our grinding products are designed to comply with Health Safety & the Environment (HSE & OSHA) requirements, offering low vibration, low heat, and low noise levels. The fragments produced are large, blunt, and will stay within a few centimeters/inches of your work area. This makes cleaning up simple and safe.
Safety Tools Allmet files and discs should not be treated as normal consumer goods because they are very durable. We have rented our grinding solutions for over a decade in the North Sea. Our customers often state that our files and discs last hundreds of times longer than conventional high-quality grinding files and discs.
The Campaign solution contains:
- A-0060 Handle with protection
- A-0060RB – Handle for rough boy
- A-0061 Handle for straight grinder
- A-0062 Cooling cap for straight grinder
- A-0065 Covering for Fuji FCD10X52
- A-0068 Drop safety device (5 pcs)
- A-0085 STA Grinding pelicase
- A-0200 Spanner – 10mm
- A-0202 Spanner – 16mm
- A-0203 Spanner – 17mm
- A-0205 Dor Clamp 4mm
- A-0207 Allen key – 6mm
Proposed work areas:
Corrosion maintenance on platforms
Corrosion maintenance on ships
Engine room surface maintenance
H-beam surface maintenance
Remove coatings from valves
Remove corrosion on stuck small bolts
Topside corrosion maintenance
Flange separation preparation
Grinding and surface preparation on live fixed pipelines
Inbetween narrow openings (Grating)
Pin hole corrosion
Remove coating in layers
Remove corossion from valves
Remove or smooth edges
And many more
Quality control checklist
Pneumatic engine diagrams
Analysis for risk report
Ex tools and accessories
What are the benefits?
- No need for – Hot Work Permit – Due to EX certification.
- No need for – Time demanding risk evaluation – No risk as to its cold and safe work.
- Avoids postponements – As you can use the tool safely you do not have to postpone jobs.
- No need for – Habitat – You will not ignite gas or damage equipment around you using Safety Tools.
- No need for fireguards – No ignition of natural gas.
- Avoids production stop/delays – Potentially a lot of money to save.
The tool heads consist of solid tungsten carbide (Wolfram Carbide) which gives it its remarkable hardness. The “teeth” on the tool heads have undergone a special process, which results in the removal of material upon every contact. The rotational Speed (only 1000-3000 rpm) is slower than traditional tools. The couplings used are designated only to match with Safety Tools machinery; this prevents use at higher rotations on non-Ex tools.
All the above-mentioned qualities have been thoroughly tested by;
Det Norske Veritas – For use in hazardous, zones 1 and 2
Gexcon – Explosions tests
ATR – Vibration tests
Mutliconsult – Noise tests
Jotun and DNV – Adhesion tests for coatings
Rigorously tested in the field – under the most demanding conditions!